Apply To Speak
Do you have a story to tell, an idea to share?
Could you be a TEDx star?
We are looking for speakers for our 2018 Flagship event. This event will be one of the biggest TEDx events in London so we are looking for top quality speakers with unique topics. Public speaking experience is not essential, some of our best speakers have had little to no past experience, however you must be confident enough to speak in front of an audience of 600+ people.
To apply, please fill in the form below.
Any questions, email Nicholas at [email protected]
Deadline and Interview Dates
There is currently no set deadline or interview dates.
*By filling in the above form you will automatically be added to our mailing list*
Need some advice from TED?
The TED Commandments
These 10 tips are given to all TED Conference speakers as they prepare their TEDTalks. They will help your TEDx speakers craft talks that will have a profound impact on your audience.
1. Dream big. Strive to create the best talk you have ever given. Reveal something never seen before. Do something the audience will remember forever. Share an idea that could change the world.
2. Show us the real you. Share your passions, your dreams … and also your fears. Be vulnerable. Speak of failure as well as success.
3. Make the complex plain. Don’t try to dazzle intellectually. Don’t speak in abstractions. Explain! Give examples. Tell stories. Be specific.
4. Connect with people’s emotions. Make us laugh! Make us cry!
5. Don’t flaunt your ego. Don’t boast. It’s the surest way to switch everyone off.
6. No selling from the stage! Unless we have specifically asked you to, do not talk about your company or organization. And don’t even think about pitching your products or services or asking for funding from stage.
7. Feel free to comment on other speakers’ talks, to praise or to criticize. Controversy energizes! Enthusiastic endorsement is powerful!
8. Don’t read your talk. Notes are fine. But if the choice is between reading or rambling, then read!
9. End your talk on time. Doing otherwise is to steal time from the people that follow you. We won’t allow it.
10. Rehearse your talk in front of a trusted friend … for timing, for clarity, for impact.